Thursday, July 9, 2009

Teriyaki Chicken with Braised Bok Choy


Before I begin to write, I would like to thank my wonderful husband, Steven for taking the pictures for the blog. For now he has been using his iPhone and eventually he will use his big boy camera. Thanks for doing a wonderful job, honey, I love you so much and I look forward to many more meals with you!!

This meal was so delicious and filling. I had a very busy day today so by the time it was time to eat, I was hungry. Richy, Meredith and I ran over to Giant to grab some of the great specials they had on chicken. We bought 4 family packs of breasts and 3 family packs of thighs for about 15$. Everything was on sale and had an additonal $2 off each pack. I never pay full price for anything and when I see a great deal, I grab as many as I can. This will last us a couple of months for sure.

I decided to make the thighs tonight by marinating them in Island Teriyaki glaze and throwing them on the grill. I then took baby bok choys and braised them lightly in olive oil and a touch of water. After they were cooked I drizzled a touch more of olive oil and added salt and pepper. Bok choy (also known as pak choi or Chinese cabbage) is a green leaf cabbage that is used quite often in Chinese cooking. It is full of nutrients, delicious, and can be eaten raw or cooked. Baby bok choy is a smaller, tender variety of bok choy. They are very simple to make and a perfect companion to the chicken and rice. The green herbs on top are cilantro. Chopped green scallions will work just as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment