Friday, July 24, 2009

Day 3 - Pantry Challenge - Shopping Day


Steven and I went to Costco today and stocked up on some things that we need for the week. The picture of Beasley has nothing to do with our shopping day, but I thought I'd share it with you. Isn't she adorable??? Tommorrow Steven and I are going to the National Harbor so we'll be out most of the day and will eat dinner out, so I won't be blogging tomorrow, but I will blog about our dinner when I come back.

In total we spent $62.05 to supplement our food supply. Here is what we got:

3 dozen eggs $2.95
Schmidt hamburger buns 2.99
Long rolls 2.19
Twin pack of cereal 6.99
Half and half 1.75
Roma tomatoes 3.99
4 pack of assorted cheeses 6.99
English cucumbers 3.29
Romaine lettuce 3.79
Limes 4.99
Cherries 4.79
English muffins 4.19
Bananas 1.32
Vitamin D Milk 2.49
2% milk 2.35
Grape juice 6.99

Total: $62.05

Since my budget is $50 per week, I'll need to spend less over the next couple of weeks to compensate. A lot of the items will last about two weeks, so I'll be able to spend money in other needed places. I am sure it will balance out.

No comments:

Post a Comment