Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Recipe for Cilantro Pesto Chicken


My brother had to run out, so I decided to post the pictures and do some writing for him. Lately I have noticed that my herb of choice is cilantro and I love to add limes to anything I make with cilantro. Thus, our dinner idea was born. Richy put the chicken breasts in a brine and let them refrigerate overnight. I made a cilantro pesto and Richy marninated them for a few hours and put them on the grill for 30 minutes or so. The chicken was moist and full of flavor. I had made a gazpacho salad earlier and we rounded out the meal with grilled corn on the cob and yellow rice. The dinner turned out really good and Madeleine said if it was close to her birthday, she would want that for dinner. That's the highest compliment she can pay anyone. Meredith ventured out a little bit and took a bite of the gazpacho but said it was too spicy. If it was up to me I would have added peppers to the point of no return, but I have a family to please with different levels of tolerance. Since we are dreaming of opening our own restaurant in the future, I think we'll tuck this recipe away as a keeper.

Cilantro Pesto Chicken
6 servings

Prepare the chicken by putting it in a brine made with 1 quart of water, 1/4 c of salt and sugar. Refrigerate overnight.

Prepare the cilantro pesto by putting in a food processor 2 cups of cilantro, 1/2 c of olive oil, 1 garlic clove, juice of one lime, touch of salt.

Marinate the chicken by rubbing it with the pesto under and over the skin for a few hours. Grill for 30 minutes or until chicken is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment