Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Recipe for Lobster Bisque


Richy made hamburgers on the grill for lunch and we were so full we decided not to cook dinner tonight. Steven sent to me this picture the other day so I decided to include this picture of my favorite dinner, Lobster! Every year Clyde's has a lobsterfest special and Steven treats me to a dinner lobster. Besides cracking a bushel of crabs, eating a lobster is one of my favorite meals. I'm not the type of person who just eats the claws and the tail and I'm done. It takes me almost an hour to eat because I get every piece of that sweet, juicy meat that I can.

One of my other favorite ways to eat lobster is to make a Lobster Bisque. Here is my favorite recipe:

LOBSTER BISQUE SOUP

1 lobster
1 to 2 lb.2 ribs celery
1 shallot, minced
1 c. butter (1/2 lb.)
1 c. chopped onion (1 med.)
2 c. half and half (or milk)
Lobster broth
1 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. Old Bay Seasoning (optional)
1/2 to 1 c. sherry
1 tsp. concentrated chicken stock or 1 cube chicken bouillon
Salt, white pepper
1 c. flour
3 c. reserved lobster broth

Place lobster and celery in heavy saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil, then boil 10 to 15 minutes or until lobster is red and cooked.
Remove lobster, strain broth (let lobster cool), set aside.
In a large saucepan, melt butter, then sauté onion and shallot until soft and translucent. Add half and half plus some of the lobster broth, reserving 3 cups for later use.
Heat milk mixture thoroughly, then add paprika, sherry, chicken stock, Old Bay Seasoning, salt and pepper. In bowl, mix together the flour and reserved 3 cups of lobster broth. Heat until thickened.

Meanwhile, remove meat from lobster and add to the bisque. Allow bisque to simmer (do not boil) for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Garnish each bowl with chopped parsley.

No comments:

Post a Comment