Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Day 7 - Pantry Challenge - Tomato Mozzarella Salad

This is one of my new favorite salads. A simple salad made with tomatoes, mozzarella, basil and a balsamic vinaigrette. I love the simplicity and beauty of this salad. The other day when Richy made us dinner, he made this salad and I couldn't wait to have it again so I made it to go with the quick lasagna. The salad was perfect and I could have eaten it by myself.

Tomato Mozzarella Salad
Serves 5

2 or 3 tomatoes, any color, any size, cut into cubes
4 slices of buffalo mozzarella, cut into cubes
3 T balsamic vinegar
1 T olive oil
Fresh basil

Mix together tomatoes, mozzarella, balsamic vinegar and olive oil in a bowl. Refrigerate for a half an hour before serving. Separate salad among 5 plates and top with fresh basil.

No comments:

Post a Comment