Thursday, July 30, 2009

Day 9 - Pantry Challenge - Breakfast Spaghetti

Last night, Richy and I were watching the Food Network and this recipe was screaming to be made. My brother likes to eat at night, I don't, but I managed to pull myself to the kitchen to watch him make breakfast spaghetti at 11:00 at night. It's a very simple dish which was born from mixing together leftover spaghetti and eggs for breakfast. It's a breakfast version of carbonara and it only requires a few ingredients which are sure to be on hand.

Richy was supposed to make dinner and we were looking forward to BBQ chicken on the grill with corn and taters, but he hurt his back, so I decided to make burgers on the grill. It's always nice to have a burger on hand and all the trimmings for those "oh, Lord, what am I going to do for dinner tonight?" moments. I will be highlighting this dinner tomorrow night.

The recipe for breakfast spaghetti is as follows:

Breakfast Spaghetti
Serves 5

Ingredients:

1 tablespoon of bacon fat (or olive oil)
2 cups cooked pasta
3-4 eggs
1/4 to 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/4 to 1/3 cup crumbled bacon (or chopped ham)
pinch or two salt
pinch pepper
parsley sprigs for garnish

Directions:

1. Beat eggs in a bowl, Add parmesan cheese, bacon (or ham), salt, and pepper. Set aside.

2. In a skillet or large pot: add bacon fat (or olive oil) and toss in pasta. Cook and stir for a moment (until fat has coated pasta).

3. Add egg mixture and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently.

No comments:

Post a Comment