Saturday, July 11, 2009

Stupid Cake

Steven and I took Meredith to the airport this morning to stay with her Aunt Cheri in FL for a few days. On our way we decided to grab a snack for the car ride. Meredith and I both chose a piece of pound cake. When I looked at the calories and fat in it, I almost had a heart attack. It was 430 calories and 24 grams of fat. In Weight Watchers points that is 11 points for the day. My points for the day are 27 so that left me with 16 points for the rest of the day. It was a TOTAL waste of food for me. It made me feel miserable and it made me really think of what kind of junk I am putting into my body.

For breakfast every morning, I usually have a bowl of oatmeal, an egg and a piece of fruit. When I eat food like that, I have more energy and it sets the mood for the rest of the day. I feel much better and I tend to make better choices at later meals. I have seen so many people lose weight on South Beach Diet and it's not the path I'd like to go. I do not like a lot of meat and I prefer veggies and fruits. I need to incorporate more exercise and tone down the eating out.

Nothing too exciting to report today for recipes or food. It was just an ordinary day as far as eating goes, but tomorrow should be fun. We are having Mom over for Steak Fajitas.

No comments:

Post a Comment