Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Sugar Free and Happy

Our newest venture in sugar free eating is Russell Stover Peanut Butter Cups and anything else that is chocolate and sugar free. We went to Wal Mart today and stocked up on anything we could get our hands on. These little nuggets are really good! We also tried the sugar free Klondike Crunch bars. Yummy! We even served it for dessert the other night and it ended up being a big winner. A word of warning though, these are not low calorie foods. So don't fool yourself thinking they are low in fat and calories like I did.

I went to the doctor's today and had my blood work done so that I can measure the difference in a year. My blood pressure was excellent, 113 over 69 and my weight has only increased by 3 lbs in 3 years, which isn't too bad. I'm not really happy about it, but everything changes in time.

Last night for dinner I made teriyaki chicken over sauteed cabbage. The colors were horribly bland and even worse it was a depressing meal. After my daughter left the table dissapointed and my husband said "Please don't do that again" I realized that the cabbage was not a great idea. Everyone is on board with the new eating low carb and we will just have to learn by trial and error. Tonight I am making Stuffed Pork Loin with spinach, sun dried tomatoes and pine nuts, cauliflower mash and green beans. I'll post the cauliflower mash recipe tomorrow and my family's reaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment