Saturday, September 19, 2009

Pesto Marinated Chicken

Marinated chicken is one of my favorite ways to eat chicken. I always leave the skin and the bone on if I'm baking the chicken. You can take them off once they are cooked, but leaving the skin and bone attached makes them full of flavor and very tender. There are two ways I like to marinate my chicken. One is to marinate in olive oil, rosemary and lemon. The other is to marinate in basil pesto. The recipe follows:

Basil Pesto Chicken

4 chicken breasts
1/3 cup olive oil
1/3 cup pine nuts
2 cups basil leaves
1/3 cup parmesan cheese
1 clove garlic


Add olive oil, garlic, pine nuts and basil leaves to a food processor and pulse till smooth. Add parmesan cheese and pulse until blended. Add pesto to chicken and marinate overnight if possible. Brown chicken breasts for a few minutes and cook in dutch oven until done.

No comments:

Post a Comment