Saturday, August 1, 2009

Pantry Challenge Reward - Don Corleone's Pizza


Steven and I decided to order a pizza and salad from Don Corleone's pizza for dinner. Don has the best pizza around and their caesar salad is equally good. Coming from an Italian who never cared for any pizza outside of NY, this is a complement. I know it's strange, but I am spoiled and very particular about the quality of my Italian food. I don't care for Italian restaurants because I have grown up on "real" Italian food that has been handed down to each generation. If I want good food, I call Mamma. My mother makes the best manicotti and eggplant parmesan.

The restaurant has mastered the recipe for authentic NY pizza. The slices are so big you have to fold them in half to eat them. The good part is they use buffalo mozzarella so you don't get that greasy drip on the side of your hand or from the side of your mouth. Their sauce is a perfect balance of tomatoes, olive oil and basil. Their caesar salad is tossed with homemade dressing, parmesan cheese and sesame break sticks. I usually squeeze a slice of lemon on to give it that extra kick. This is one of those things that you can't duplicate at home, nor would you want to. This is a pizza you can't refuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment