Saturday, August 29, 2009

Favorite Brunch Drink Choice


Isn't she lovely? Even the name is beautiful. Citronage. Imagine a variation of a samosa with this. A splash of orange juice, orange liqueur topped with a prosecca, champagne or asti spumante. I am not a big fan of overly fruity drinks with more sugar than is allowed in one day. I like my alchohol straight up or on the rocks. I like beer but it's too bubbly. I like crisp wine or a stick to your tongue red. This is a subtle citrusy drink and has that alcohol punch I like in a drink. Not sure what I will call it, but it is now my favorite brunch drink. Perhaps Citronage Bliss? Morning Eraser? On the Floor Before Four? Any ideas?

I found that another way to use this is to make a margarita with it. It can be served on the rocks or straight up. I prefer the latter. It is not made from mix. The only ingredients are tequila, lime juice and an orange-flavored liquor and salt for the rim if you like.

Second, the proportions in the margarita are a bit different than many cocktails. I’ve been using the 3:2:2 rule. If I’m experimenting with a new cocktail I use 3 parts of the main alcohol, and 1 part each of the two additives (one is usually sweet). From there you can experiment with the proportions or begin to add other ingredients until you have a new concoction you like.

Margarita

3 parts tequila
2 parts fresh squeezed lime juice
2 Patron Citronage

Shake over ice, strain into a martini glass that's been rimmed with salt and garnish with a thin slice of lime.

2 comments:

  1. Aunt Carol,

    I just read your entire blog! I will definitely be making some of your recipes. :-) Keep them coming...

    Love,

    Stace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent. Keep those comments coming.

    ReplyDelete