Monday, August 10, 2009

Dinner at the Dock at Lansdowne






On Saturday, we had an impromptu garage sale. It started out by wanting to make a few bucks on getting rid of a lawnmower that's been in our garage since we moved in 4 months ago. The former owners left it and since we already have on and we have a lawn service, it was time to let go. Richy came to help and before you know it we were setting up a table with "stuff" we had around the house. We ended up netting about $200. Not bad for a days work. Now the garage is roomier and much neater. We weren't able to sell everything, but we plan to do it again next week.

After we finished Steven said he wanted to take me to dinner and to get dressed. He took us to the Dock at Lansdowne in Leesburg. He made a reservation for 6:00 p.m. and we arrived and were seated immediately to an intimate table in the back. Our waiter Kent was attentive and made recommendations for our meals which I was glad he did. I was caught between the Ahi Tuna and the Seafood Platter. Kent recommended I go with the Ahi Tuna and I am glad I did. It was cooked perfectly rare and topped with a soy based glaze. On the side is a soy sauce and a wasabi sauce. When I took a bite of the tuna, topped it with ginger and dipped it in the sauces, I felt like I was eating sushi. Steven got a filet that was cooked medium and a side of fries. Tis not the usual burger, but it comes close enough.

At the Dock the food is delicious, the ambience is condusive for an intimate date with a loved one. It's located in a spot in Leesburg where you can take a nice stroll through the shops that surround the restaurant. From what I hear they have different specials during the week and live music on Saturday nights. We will definitely dine here again. Maybe we'll see you at the table next to us.




No comments:

Post a Comment