Thursday, August 27, 2009

"Leftovers" Pizza

I haven't been up for cooking lately. I have other things on my mind and I'd rather just go out and eat or have an "on your own night" meal, which is pretty good considering my mom supplies us with a good flow of leftovers. Monday night was leftover chicken fajitas, Tuesday we ventured out for Mexican and last night was a choice of whatever is quick and convenient out of the freezer or pantry.

I was thinking the other day and decided that I'll have pizza dough on hand for those nights I don't want to cook, but want something homemade. Wegman's has a premade dough that is really good and I used it the other night to make calzones for when my parents came over. Since we had leftovers from the calzones, I decided to use them for a "leftovers" pizza. It's very simple to make and quick and the kids loved it. Plus I got rid of all the little hang arounds in the fridge. Our pizza consisted of the following:

Pizza Dough
1 cup of spaghetti sauce in a jar
1 cup of shredded cheese
1/2 cup of cooked mushrooms
3/4 lb of cooked hamburger
1/2 cup of sauteed peppers and onions
fresh basil

I put it in the oven until the crust was brown and cut it into 4 servings. Add a simple salad and dinner is done and the fridge is cleaned out in a half an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment