Monday, November 9, 2009

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins

Tomorrow I am hosting the weekly bible study at my house. I was going to make the yummy Harvest Loaf my mom makes, but when I read the recipe it says to let it cool for 6 hours. Since I'd like to have something to serve that comes right out of the oven, that isn't going to cut it. I decided on these Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins because there is nothing better than smelling pumpkin and cinnamon and fall spices coming from the oven. These are quick and easy to make.

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Nut Muffins
Makes 12

Ingredients

1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup pumpkin purée
1/3 cup melted butter
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup water
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup of chocolate chips

Method

1 Preheat oven to 350°F. In a medium sized bowl, sift together the flour, salt, sugar, and baking soda.
2 Mix the pumpkin, melted butter, eggs, 1/4 cup of water, and spices together, then combine with the dry ingredients, until just incorporated. Do not over-mix. Fold in the chopped nuts and chocolate chips.
3 Spoon mixture into a prepared muffin tin. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Check for doneness with a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin. If it comes out clean, it's done. Cool on a rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment