Saturday, June 27, 2009

Recipe for Taco Seasoning




I decided to make tacos tonight and when I went to find the Taco Seasoning packet in the pantry it was gone. I must have used it before the move and didn't remember. I had already cooked the meat and bought all the other stuff to go with it so I had to come up with something. I went online and found a recipe for Taco Seasoning and it turned out really good. It tasted like the real deal with less salt. So from now on, rather than buy the standard Taco Seasoning, I'll make my own and save a buck.

I cooked the meat and cut up lettuce and served it on the plate with grilled jalapeno, a tortilla, and cheese on top of the meat. On the table I put out sour cream and salsa. Cilantro would be a nice addition to this dish.

Recipe for Taco Seasoning

INGREDIENTS

1 tablespoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon black pepper

DIRECTIONS

In a small bowl, mix together chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, oregano, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper. Makes enough for 1 lb of meat.

1 comment:

  1. Great thinking. I will definitely give this a try. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete