Friday, June 26, 2009

Recipe for Calypso Salad


Summer is not my favorite season, but I will admit that I do like grilled foods. I love to grill anything I can get my hands on. Especially veggies. Dinner tonight was a Calypso Salad. My neighbor's father passed away so I volunteered to bring dinner over and ended up making extra for us tonight. It was the perfect meal, low in carbs, loaded with veggies and fruit. A perfect summer meal.

Recipe for Calypso Salad
Makes 4 servings

2 chicken breasts
3 T Soy Vay (or any terriyaki marinade)
4 cups lettuce mix
1 celery chopped
1 small roasted red pepper
1 tomato diced
1 avocado
1 cup of pineapple chunks
4 T Asian Salad Dressing

Marinate chicken breast in marinade for at least a half an hour. Grill chicken for about 20 minutes or until done. In a bowl, add lettuce, celery, roasted red pepper, tomato and Asian Salad Dressing. Toss to coat. Divide salad among 4 plates. Slice chicken for bite size portions and add to top of salad. Peel and seed the avocado and cut into chunks, add to the salad. Place pineapple chunks to garnish.

No comments:

Post a Comment