Monday, June 29, 2009

Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Beyond


Ever had one of those days where you don't eat breakfast and end up eating lunch that holds you over until the next day? I had one of those days today. My husband and I took our daughter, Meredith out for lunch today. She had done wonderfully on her report card, so we wanted to treat her to a nice lunch. We decided to go to Rosa Mexicano at the National Harbor in MD. It was a beautiful day, so we sat outside and enjoyed the sunny day.

We started out with the best guacamole dip that they make fresh at the table. It's probably the best guacamole and chips I've ever had. It had big chunks of avocado and it was equally balanced with tomatoes, jalapenos, hold the onions please and cilantro on top. A squeeze of lime and we were ready to dip and eat. For father's day I bought Steven the Molcajete they serve it in and it came with the recipe. So, I will highlight homemade guacamole with the recipe in a future blog.

For lunch, Steven had the Con Queso Hamburger, Meredith had the cheese quesadilla and I had the Carne Tacos (pictured above) which is a grilled skirt steak marinated in guajillo and pasilla chiles, garlic, cumin and black pepper, topped with melted Chihuahua cheese. The meals are served with a side of rice, refried black beans and different salsas. By the time we finished we all vowed we would never eat again. I imagine we will all be stuffed until later on tonight and will crave this meal again and again.

1 comment: