Sunday, February 28, 2010

So Easy Chicken and Dumplings



I almost feel guilty posting this recipe because I am a firm believer of cooking with fresh ingredients. Meaning homemade biscuits and homemade soups I make from scratch. I'm not really a big canned soup fan, so when this recipe called for Cream of Chicken soup, I didn't know what to do. Thank God Campbells makes a wonderful soup because this recipe is my new favorite "brag of the day." I called my mom after making this and invited them over so I'll have an excuse to make it again. It would be a sin for me not share this recipe with you. It's so easy and definitely will win you tons of accolades. Follow the recipe below and wow your loved ones.

Ingredients
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
2 tablespoons butter
2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
2 cans of chicken broth
1 onion, finely diced
6 carrots cut into 2 inch chunks
3 celery stalks, cut into 2 inch chunks
2 (10 ounce) packages
refrigerated biscuit dough, torn into pieces

Directions
1.Place the chicken, butter, soup, onion, carrots and celery in a slow cooker, and fill with enough water to cover.
2.Cover, and cook for 5 to 6 hours on High. About 30 minutes before serving, place the torn biscuit dough in the slow cooker. Cook until the dough is no longer raw in the center.

1 comment:

  1. this is how I've been doing it for quite some time now. It's so yummy, easy. I call it semi-homeade :)

    ReplyDelete