Thursday, January 28, 2010

Valentine's Card for Cricut Cardz Challenge


I am really having fun making all of these cards. It's helping me to keep my mind busy, therefore I am eating much better. I wish I had a lot to report about all of these wonderful dishes I have been making, but honestly, I have been eating a lot of simple foods that don't require too much thought. Lean cuisines and making cardsare my friends right now. The more cards I make the less I eat! I've lost 4 lbs so far.

I sent out a package today that had 10 Valentine's Day cards for a card drive for Texas Children's Hospital. This is such a great project. I loved getting mail and still do when I was little. Hopefully this reach out will bless those in need and brightening their day.

Speaking of brightening their day, I have volunteered to teach a class on card making at our local senior citizen assisted living facility. I am so excited about this project. Every other Saturday from 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. I will teaching and helping the residents make cards. Plus I will be building some relationships with some very special. I pray that God will make me a light and His love will shine through me.

This card is for the challenge for the Cricut Cardz Challenge. The challenge this week is to use black, white, lavender and green It's an S fold card with hearts cutout from Plantin Schoolbook and stamping with embossing. Hope you like it.

I've been pondering on this scripture today: The Lord has promised that there will be more than enough. 2 Kings 4:43

2 comments:

  1. Amazing card! Looks so pretty.
    Thanks for having fun to this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you made another S-fold card this week and incorporated the new challenge. Lovely card. Thanks for joining in again at CCC. I'm thrilled that your new hobby is helping with your weight loss,congrats on those 4 lbs. Keep at it!

    ReplyDelete